Welcome to Fire Emblem Heroes. This is Aether Raids...training! 火 gang assemble!
AR Training Series:
- Examples of how to use certain meta units, strategies such as (enemy phase, vantage, hit and run, and galeforce).
Today's video preview:
- Training example for galeforce using Leif.
- First video ever made with post fight commentary.
- 0:00 - Introduction
- 0:30 - Team Discussion and Map Considerations
Notes: Bolt Tower / Healing Tower plays, paying attention to breaking structures, using Dagr's pathfinder, Leila is Leif's best friend, but other dances can help.
- 1:48 - When to Use Player Phase / Galeforce
Notes: Heavy oppressive Enemy Phase set up; Hardy Bearing, Rallies, multiple dancers are all good signs to use Player Phase. If no one on the team has some form of Vantage or turn 1 pindown (Restore trap, etc)
- 2:15 - Breaking Structures and Mistakes
Notes: Talk about ho Tactics room is giving me grief (I mistakenly thought I could use GOAT in the left most Eldigan lane...), made unforced error breaking a structure when not needed.
- 2:42 - Math...
Notes: Galeforce is heavy planning, math checks, skill analysis. It's the most advanced clear you can perform. I talk about how I'm using Heavy Blade (key skills used by GFers; see Flashing Blade too). Leif in particular can simply use Quickened Pulse / S Drink, but...I don't wanna.).
- 3:11 - Final Pre-fight Discussion
Notes: One of the advantages of GF clears are (if, and this is a big if, you can get the Aether, you can clear content generally in one turn). This particular fight had poor Aether placement, and that allowed me to recover from a positioning mistake with Eir. I had to go on Turn 6 because I need Dagr's EVEN TEMPEST to break the Catapult.
- 4:31 - FIGHT!
- 5:45 - Outro
- This fight wasn't so bad as it has several weaknesses: 1) Easily obtained Aether, 2) No advance traps like Restore + Odd Recovery, 3) Incredibly weak to Bolt Tower, absolutely no healer, healing, easily snipable Healing Tower, 4) No Vantage, 5) Easily bypassed traps.
- Galeforce clears are the most difficult to pull off because ONE small thing goes wrong? The whole thing falls apart and given it's an aggressive move, the entire party normally dies.
- Harder variants: More aggressive ranged coverage. Hel makes this easy to hide. It's not so easy when facing multiple ranged cavs, for example.
- Leif is useful during WATER season, so he can't be used all the time (but can be used on both Light and Astra). Like all legendaries, this is a huge benefit that only applies to these units. They are able to get all Mythic bonuses!
- Leif's best friends: Leila (positioning and extra bonus kill; plus smoke is a huge boon), Dagr (Pathfinder is a ranged cavs best friend; making Leif be able to go almost anywhere), dancers!
- Skills: Leif's base kit is pretty effective. You could use Close Counter, but one of the things that makes Leif useful is he can become a useful punching bag when the 1-2 units that need to be left alive have to attack. B slot could be changed to Wings of Mercy, but given his range it's not necessary in my opinion.
- This was made pre-7th slot on DARK, so this becomes a little bit more difficult when having to face 7 units.
BG Music: Fire Emblem Fates: Water Maiden
Aether Raids playlist here:
Summoning Session Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqwsLksB-FeXZrCAR9h7MW23fTLC1AO3F
#AetherRaids #FireEmblemHeroes #FEH